Tuesday, May 23, 2006

My husband's unconscious strikes again

So Matthew had a dream last night.

In it we were having dinner with my parents (who are moderately charismatic, evangelical Christians). My Dad asked me to pray before our meal, and (as Matthew tells it) we were all getting ready to pray, waiting for me to begin, when my Dad piped in:

"Come with your power!"

(not an unusual prayer to the Holy Spirit used by charismatic evangelicals)

And I, apparently irritated by the interruption and the contrast of his style of prayer with the Orthodox blessing I was about to use, taking full advantage of the ambiguity of "your" in his sentence, retorted:

"Maybe I will on Monday."




I'm still chuckling.

6 Comments:

Blogger mamachurchmouse said...

NB Matthew rarely remembers his dreams, but when he does...

NB I don't think this scenario very likely to happen in real life, a) because my Dad isn't much of a producer of non-sequiters and b) I'm not that quick

Tuesday, May 23, 2006  
Blogger madeleine said...

what is that word that matthew said in his other dream? the kind of bizarre one?

Wednesday, May 24, 2006  
Blogger mamachurchmouse said...

Well, there was the time I woke up and he was shaking his fist in the air, mumbling "Confessor..."

Friday, May 26, 2006  
Blogger madeleine said...

no it was something to do with rubbing his belly....

Friday, May 26, 2006  
Blogger mamachurchmouse said...

Do you mean when he was patting my tummy in his sleep, saying "Come on ya lazy shits, come on!"?

Or do you mean the time he was chuckling and saying "hirsuit" and chuckling again?

If only I was that funny in my sleep...

Friday, May 26, 2006  
Blogger biss said...

oh, these are all too funny!

Wednesday, June 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home